- Carnival Cruise Lines has officially extended the halt on its cruises till the first part of 2021
- Carnival is on the path of implementing a gradual and phased-in approach to resume guest operations
THoD Newsdesk, USA: Helmed by CEO Arnold Donald, Carnival Cruise Lines has officially extended the halt on its cruises till the first part of 2021, amid the global corona pandemic. The cruise line announced the news in a Wednesday memo, citing a continued focus on the development of plans to meet the “Framework for Resuming Cruise Ship Operations Order” set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), back in October.
Carnival Cruise Line notified guests and travel agents that it has cancelled additional cruises for the first half of 2021, including, all embarkations from U.S. homeports from January 1-31 and further, Baltimore, Charleston, Jacksonville, Long Beach, Mobile, New Orleans and San Diego embarkations through February 28. Carnival is on the path of implementing a gradual and phased-in approach to resume guest operations, which will majorly attend to Miami and Port Canaveral, to be followed by Galveston.
The official news stated, “We are committed to meeting the CDC requirements and keeping our guests and business partners informed of our progress,” said Christine Duffy, president of Carnival Cruise Line, said of the update. “The entire Carnival team appreciates the great support of our guests, travel advisors and business partners, and local officials in our homeports and destinations.”
In line with the CDC’s instructions, Carnival is currently prepping 16 ships for an eventual resumption of guest service in 2021. Additionally, Carnival had previously cancelled other itineraries on four ships (Magic, Paradise, Valor, and Victory/Radiance) and now, reportedly the company is also facing financial headwinds.